Ertyl/MPC Millenium Falcon update No 6

Four weeks. Yep, Four weeks since my last update. So what has happened in that time? Well, I have taken my one-act play around the festival circuit with success and disappointment and work still manages to dominate. Funny about that…

However, I still managed to spend several hours most nights to put time into the model in finishing off additional detail to the lower hull and the gun well.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

For reasons unknown, I decided to paint the top hull before gluing the upper and lower sub-assemblies together. The start of the process was with a black primer followed by a grey auto primer filler. When this was fully cured I applied the first base colour Tamiya Deck Tan followed by a lot of pre-shading before the three thin coats of the custom made base colour. Then began the  This I did by using a mix of mediums which included pastels various washes, a touch of dry brushing and attacking certain areas with modeling knife, files, and drill bits.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Last week saw the joining of the hulls and painting the bottom hull, but I will cover that off later.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.